Sunday 10 July 2011

X-cut nesting dies - Please read!!!


Hiya everyone,

It has come to my attention that a lot of people are unhappy with the new X-cut nesting dies as they only nest with the pack they come with. A crafty friend of mine bought the squares and the scallop squares as they were hoping they could stamp an image out onto a plain square and layer this onto a scalloped square like you would the spellbinders nesties but you can't as both dies are exactly the same size. I think they look an attractive prospect being cheaper than the spellbinders nesties but not if they're not going to do the same job. If it was me, I think I'd save my pennies for the spellbinders. Apparently, they cut well and certain shapes like stars that you would only layer up together anyway would be fine. To be fair it doesn't say that they are interchangable but I think everybody just expected them to work like the spellbinders ones. I just thought I'd give you the heads up and you can make a more informed decision on whether these are right for you or not. I hope this was helpful - one way or another!


Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Paula - gonna keep on adding to my piggy bank now for Nesties! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information Paula!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found this out myself, I got both sets of the rectanges, and I was disappointed,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paula x that is really helpful info x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info - it's really helpful! Hugs, Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info Paula!

    I did buy a set of the Ornate Frames, but wasn't overly impressed. I used them with my Cuttlebug and the die imbedded itself quite hard into the top plate and I had to get something to ease under the die to release it from the plate. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info Paula I didnt know that!! I got the ornate squares and scalloped circle ones but find they dont seem to emboss very well either, maybe its just me but they looked like the paper had come out of place from the die as i embossed them....all wonky!
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info Paula, useful to know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right to bring this to readers attention, thanks Paula. I have both nesties and X Cut and they are different as you say, but I must admit I love them both. They offer some different shapes so can be a great addition to Spellbinders but not for mixed nesting. I am very new to your blog but love it, thank you.
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks I was just thing of getting these and will also save my pennies for the Spellbinders

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just read this today, after hunting some paper examples of some of the fancier x-cut dies. Which I can't find, so anyone who has cut from them, I'd love to know what they actually look like! It's hard to tell from the dies. Thanks so much for sharing what you did Paula. You can always be relied on for giving us useful reality checks. I have a mix of both the x-cut dies and the original spellbinders nesties, and by far prefer the nesties. But just thought the x-cut had some interesting new shapes worth a look if not trying to mat between sets. Hugs to you again for so freely giving your promarker sheet too. I've set mine up and really happy with it. Wends xxx

    ReplyDelete