Friday 22 July 2011

Spectrum Noir is almost here!!!


Hiya Everyone,

Have a looky at what I've got. After spending all day decorating yesterday at our old house, I finally got chance to play at about 9 o'clock with them. That is quite good self restraint for me considering they arrived at about 2 o'clock although the old house is virtually empty apart so I wouldn't have been able to do much with them anyway!

I got sent every set of 6 pack so I received:- skin tones, essentials, warm greys, cool greys, pinks, reds, yellows, blues, greens, purples, turquoises and browns.

I have to say they are very lush to work with and I love the thinner tip compared to my promarkers. The only thing I will say as an disadvantage is that I now want the additional 4x24 packs that are also available. These are lights, brights, darks and pastels.

I struggled a little compared to my promarkers as I only have 72 colours as apposed to the full set of promarkers but I've already made enquiries to get the additional pens - just don't tell the hubby!!! :D

I think it will take me a while to know what colours to use as I'm so used to my promarkers that I just know which colour is best suited through experience but I will need to learn the same with these.

Apart from my lack of experience of them and the fact that my colouring usually has more flaws than the Empire State Building - they are FAB!!!!

Anybody who has struggled getting good results with markers in the past should look no further as they make blending and colour matching a dream. They are available from 12 o'clock (I think!) on the Crafters Companion website. £6.99 per 6 pack of the same colour or 4 packs for £25. I'm not too sure what price the packs of 24 will be but I will update this post when I know!

Enjoy the rest of your day - My mum's coming round shortly to watch Tayla so I can do some colouring as the pens were delayed in reaching the DT so we're rushing like mad to get samples and stuff ready.

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!!

    Unfortunately I've got to wait a little while before I can order these, but I will be placing an order as soon as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, well what can l say other than you lucky lady!!! my order will be going in very sooooooooooooooooon:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I hope you have a lot of fun playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GULP - I can feel a spending spree coming on! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have also ordered the 12 packets and was wondering if you might do a storage system like you did with your promarkers i love that and love looking at all the pens on the wall hope you do hugs jayne xx

    ReplyDelete