Monday 25 July 2011

Spectrum noir markers and a little Humphrey!!!


Hiya Everyone,

As you may or may not know I've recently been sent 12 packs of the spectrum noir marker pens that have just been launched by Crafters Companion. They are amazing and I can't wait to get the other 4 x 24 packs that I desparately need (even though I have a full set of promarkers Lol). Anyway, I've been so busy getting on with some DT samples that I needed to colour with the pens so I though I'd share this little cutie that I predominately coloured with the "pinks". I have used papers from the SWALK papers CD (Disc 2) and a few other bits and pieces from my stash. This was the very first thing I coloured in with the spectrum noir pens so it isn't probably up to my usual (sub) standard colouring but I think it's ok for a first attempt!


I made 3 cards in total to showcase the spectrum noir pens. A "pinks" card, a "browns" card and a step-by-step tutorial that you can view here (This may take a day or so). If you are lucky enough to have treated yourself to some of these pens then you can download a colourchart here print off and colour in.


I have been decorating all day (again), but I am pleased to say that we are almost finished getting our old house in a good position to put it on the market. We have done more decorating in the last 2 months than people usually do in 10 years. I have almost lost the will to live with all the work which isn't easy with an (almost) 8 month old that has just started crawling! We've been really lucky as all the family have really helped us out with both decorating and babysitting which has been a massive help.

I have just started back with my DT work with Crafters Companion and shall shortly be resuming DT work with Joanna Sheen and I am excited to say that I will also be starting DT work for La Pashe soon.

I have some exciting Crafters Companion sneaky peeks to share with you from tomorrow so be sure to check back then!

I will enter this card into the following challenges:-

Creative card crew - Animal antics
Deep ocean - Ribbons
Ladybug crafts - Summer birthday
Crafts and me - Add a flower
Guylous inimitability - 1 ribbon or lace, 2 DP's, 3 or more pieces of bling
Inspire me fridays - Anything goes
Papercutz - Anything goes
Pattie's creations - Glitter or bling
Stamp something - Add an embellishment
2 sisters - Anything goes
Card cupids - Birthday card
Lollipop crafts - Anything goes
Crazy challenge - Ribbons
Creative stamp - Monochromatic
Hooked on crafts - Monochromatic
Make it monday - Anything goes
Simon says stamp and show - Anything goes
Stamping scrapping central - Bling
Stamps r us - Happy birthday
Fresh brewed - Animal or animal print
House that stamps built - Glitter
Your next stamp - 2 DP, 3 embellishments and 1 image

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

24 comments:

  1. Paula that is so darn sweet
    love it
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant is just darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhooi,,
    Wow, It works great, beautiful and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the set on it's way to me.. and can not wait to play with them, your colouring looks fine, and the card is just so sweet... I love the image... so I may have to pop and have a look, and hope my finger doesn't click on the buy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Paula!

    I love the colours, really does work well. :)

    Happy Crafting!
    Lynn X X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Paula, the image is sweet, fab colour combo and I like that big bow.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Paula and such a cute image. The colours are fab too. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Paula!!! I was wondering why I wasnt getting updates to your site on my dashboard! Its just lucky I came to have a nosey or I wouldnt have realised I wasnt even a follower yet! Doh!! Sorry about that. Hiccups of being a new blogger!! So sorry! Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Paula this is lovely you have done a fab job on this image love the colours and the pens have done a good job too!! (nothing to do with the creater.......lol) Stunning :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet little card Paula. Thanks for joining us at LCI this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Puala, I found your blog whilst having a mooch round and so glad I did. Your cards are gorgeous. Love this lil' cutie. Very pretty colours and design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh she is so precious! LOVE those pinky reds

    Thanks for getting wild with us {again} at freshly Brewed Challenges.

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours and colouring! I love the layout and the image - very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Crazy Challenge - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paula - this one's cute too!!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Glitter or Bling' Challenge #26!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely!! So cute. I love her dress.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - the scalloped edge and the bow really finish it off nicely! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paula,
    This is adorable! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paula,
    Your card is sooo darn cute!! Love it! Thanks for entering the recipe challenge again this week. Just want to make you aware that we accept only one entry per challenge per artist, your first card will count towards the draw.
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very sweet card - love the color palette and that beautiful ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamps R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that's some pink!!! Love the image, and wow - what a bow! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck in the draw. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, what a fantastic creations, great papers and so lovely image.

    Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.

    A nice greeting Andrea from germany

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Paula!! Thanks for joining in with the fun at Ladybug Crafts Ink
    Sue xx
    P.S I have blog candy at the moment if you are interested!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi

    Absolutely gorgeous in all it's pinkness, lol.

    Isn't this image just so adorable.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable card!! I love the colors you chose!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Card Cupids!!!

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete