Saturday 26 November 2011

New Pink Gem Guest DT card


Hiya Everyone,

It's my last challenge card for "A gem of a challenge".   I was a guest designer for a 3 month stint so my time is up! Lol

The theme this time is Monochrome with the added requirements of non-Christmas with an added sentiment.   I decided on a grey colourscheme as it's a little bit more unusual as grey is usually thought of a bit of a dreary colour but I think this looks quite classy.

The papers are from the Summer Driggs "Dryer lint at Tiffanys" freebie download which is available here.  Her kits are amazing and I use them all the time.   The image is from Pink Gem Designs and is called "Kaya with flowers" and is available here.  The sentiment is one off a random sheet I dug out that had elephants on it but I have no idea who made it.  The image is coloured in with promarkers using only ice grey 1-5.


I added a little silver grey shimmer chalk all over the image for a little subtle shimmer.   A few punched flowers, a little grey lace and a swirl.  I was pleased with the way it turned out!


I have really enjoyed my GDT stint for Janet at Pink Gem Designs and I'll miss working with her fab papers and digis!

Just to let you know there's still time to enter the Joanna Sheen Blog hop which ends at 6pm on Wednesday 30th November.  You need to go to the Official Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog to take part here.

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

9 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Paula,love the layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous Paula. Lovely and soft tonal colours fab for the monochrome challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card Paula. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love the grey, really pretty image too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever how you have created this lovely card in shades of grey sweetie.....it's been such a pleasure to have you working with us this last 3 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card - it looks like its been photographed in black and white until you look and see the surround bit. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Paula - and not a bit dull looking because it's grey! I bet it looks even better in reality than it does in a photograph.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how different. Would never have thought to do this with this type of image but it is Cute. All the best. Linda

    ReplyDelete