Saturday 19 November 2011

Joanna Sheen House Mouse Get well samples


Hiya Everyone,

I am still on a high after the BIG announcement of the new Official Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog that I am running as of the 1st December. A big thanks to Joanna, Pat and the rest of the design team for all of their support and to Angie Whalley for all her help designing the challenge blog backgrounds/blinkies/header etc.

Most of the work is done so I can put my feet up now as it's been long few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to spend a bit more time on my poor, neglected blog!

It seems fitting to share with you one of my recent Joanna Sheen House Mouse samples that were shown on the last House Mouse Saturday on Create and Craft TV.

The image is from the the "Doctor's orders" rubber stamp sheet and is available here. These really are timeless images that can be used time and time again. House Mouse is seriously my absolute favourite and although I have most of the Joanna Sheen stamps I also have quite a few that I have bought from the US too! :D


I have coloured the image with my promarkers and tend to stick with Joanna's choice of sandstone and blush although I added a little vanilla and ivory to the squirrel. The papers are from a old unwanted DCWV paperstack that I bought off one of my crafty facebook friends. It is quite simple with the added interest of one of my many Martha Stewart punches. The pretty thick lace (I think) I got from Wild Orchid Crafts ages ago but was so pretty I've not used it up till now!

Note to self....Pretty things I buy, I buy to use (allegedly....not to hide away in my stash till it's naff and unfashionable Lol). I really have to force myself to use my pretty stuff - I actually wince when I take the first crisp piece of paper out of a brand spanking new paperstack - this is one of reasons I love digi papers as I can print off what I like and not just stroke them!

Please tell me it's not just me?!? Do I need help?!? Probably....Ah well....the other day at work I actually bought a buttered barmcarm for 40p for my lunch so I could have a crisp butty as I have (in my humble opinion) far better things to spend my money on! OMG!!! - My name is Paula and I am a craft-o-holic! I would hang my head in shame but I don't care!!! Lol


Paula. x

11 comments:

  1. Super sweet card and i'm not surprised you are shattered as the new blog looks fabby and well done with it, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula this is really cute, take care of yourself. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Paula,love the image. Well done with the Joanna Challenge blog.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back Paula, sounds like you have been snowed under lately. Your wee card is just so lovely, House Mouse images are really gorgeous. Yeap, I agree with you.....I'd eat nothing but cornflakes for a month if it meant I got buying craft goodies!! And I think every crafter has a hoard vault that they go in to every so often, just look and stroke the nice things we've stowed away in there. Then the vault is slammed shut again, lol. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Paula! The colours and embellishments are fabulous. Take care of yourself too even though you are so busy and good luck with the new blog.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunningly beautiful Paula, Love the image, the colours and the lace edging
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lush card Paula. Didn't get to comment when you announced your latest news about the Joanna Sheen challenge blog, so CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes, I hope for you, nothing but success. Enjoy but don't work too hard. Have a great weekend. Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cute card , good luck with you new adventure xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward for the fun to begin

    ReplyDelete