Tuesday 24 September 2013

Autumn criss cross card

 Hiya everyone,

Don't die of shock but I have a random card I made to share with you today.  I do need to try harder to update my blog more regularly!  I make lots but struggle to find the time to blog it too!  I do love Autumn although I am sad to see the warmer weather go.  I love buying a new hat, scarf and glove set and wrapping up warm.  I don't like the dark mornings and dark evenings but I do love hot vimto and warming soups and stews with crusty bread.  And I LOVE halloween!!! Before my babies were born I had several Halloween parties when I spent weeks decorating my WHOLE house in preparation.  With Nathan being born on 30th October I think we'll have plenty of Halloween themed birthday parties in the future!   This is me in my Victorian wedding dress, long red wig, fake fangs and scary contact lenses!  Did I tell you - I LOVE Halloween?!? lol
I have made a few of these criss cross cards recently and I was really pleased how this one turned out.  I made the actual blank/base out of Papermill ivory hammercard.  I bought a huge box ages ago and I have nearly ran out.  I love making my own bases and this card is fab for that as I hate a flimsy card blank!


The papers are from my Prima botanical paperstack and the leaves and sentiment stamp are from the Justrite Shabby chic Autumn leaves stamp set.  I love this set as the sentiment makes a great focal point and the leaves are really versatile.  I stamped them in brown ink directly onto patterned paper and cut them out leaving a very small border.  I then coloured them in roughly with different promarkers to vary the autumn tones. I got mine here with free P+P but they are out of stock at the moment

I also used my spellbinders floral oval die, spellbinder edgeabilities (as kraft card is too thick for my border punches), spellbinder fancy labels die and my favourite doo hickey swirl die that I use all the time!

Below is a piccie of the the criss cross card and the pocket separate.  I hope you like it.  They are really easy to make and they make a change from a standard square card. I think I need to get a card stand die so that I can make a matching card stand as they are awkward to photograph. I have been making rectangular cards again as some of the magazines I work with want to vary the shapes whilst others want me to stick to the square.  I personally prefer the square shape but variety is the spice of life they say!  I think, like others, I have fell into a square card rut as they still seem the most popular with the majority of crafters. 
Are you in a square card rut?  Maybe it's just me? lol 
 Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous criss cross card Paula and yes a square rut alright! Don't do Halloween, never have but I like to see the costumes & decorations. Take care, can't believe Nathan is almost one! Love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Paula! Absolutely love the autumnal colours and layout. Really beautiful.

    I love autumn too. I don't like dark mornings but I do love the dark nights...partly because the local kids are kept indoors so they can't annoy me, lol. Mostly, though, as I always feel snug and cosy when it's dark outside.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a "square", 6x6 being my favourite, although I do 5x7 on occasions. I love making criss cross cards and your autumnal card is fabulous! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am deffo a sq card girl 8x8 is my fav and I love this pocket style, this is gorgeous Hun love the colours
    Hugs
    Marie
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the colours, love Autumn too. Fun Halloween pic x

    ReplyDelete