Thursday 25 November 2010

My Cardmaker of the Year 2010 entries - La Pashe category





I was and still am amazed that I won - although looking at the magazine it was very close so I only just pipped it!!! I sent in 19 entries this year entering 14 of the 15 categories and I came 1st in the Pink Petticoat and La Pashe categories and 2nd in the Cosmo cricket and Joanna Sheen Categories. Last year I sent in 9 entries as I only found out about the competition really late on as it was just before I got married so I only had about 10 days to make things. This year I had about 10 weeks to make stuff which meant I could chill out a bit. Last year I came 2nd in the crafttime creative flatbacks and 3rd in the fiskars categories so was thrilled I did better than last year!!! I will show you everything I sent in as the magazine only showed the 4 cards that were placed 1st or 2nd!!!

This is my entry for La Pashe which came 1st. It's a bit different as I made up the remember when decoupage into a boxed frame and then made a fake book to go around it. It was a case of trial and error as I didn't have a template or anything and didn't really have much idea what I was doing. I dug out some brown leather effect paper that I bought many moons ago to cover it and there you go. It took me 2 full days to make it but it was well worth it as I think it won because it stood out.

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula,

    l know you put a lot of effort into your card making Paula but this one was a work of art, it took some time in the making but the results proved to be the winner.

    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete