Sunday 1 January 2012

Joanna Sheen "Celebrations" challenge


Happy new Year Everyone!

I hope you all had a great night to see in the New Year and aren't too hung over! Lol
As it's the first of January we have a new monthly challenge starting over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge blog.  The new challenge is celebrations which can be interpreted any way you like so hop on over and link up your creations here!



For my card I have used a gorgeous House Mouse stamp called "cake" which you can get here at Joanna Sheen.  I have coloured him in with my promarkers with very subtle shades and have used warm greys for the little mouse instead of the normal sandstone so he wasn't too similar to the cake.  I also coloured him in again, cut him out and stuck him on with foam pads for a bit of depth.  The papers are from a freebie digi download but I can't remember where from.  I have also used my new (and ridiculously expensive) Magnolia swirl die which I have been after for ages!  I added a little lace, ribbon and a square doily from god knows where as well as a few pearls.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp sheet, stamped in brown ink.  I was aiming for a more neutral looking card rather than the pinks and lilacs I am always drawn to!

Check out the rest of the awesome DT work at the Joanna Sheen Challenge blog and the daily talent spots from the entries.  Our Guest designer this month is Christine from her Nanaseaside blog.  Christine is on a number of deign teams including my favourite House Mouse and friends Monday challenge.



This is the first card I've made in weeks due to being so busy with Christmas etc but hope to get more time to make more in the New Year!

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Paula!

    Your card is gorgeous and the 'cake' digi stamp is so sweet and coloured in beautifully.

    Hope 2012 brings you lots of happiness, good health and lots of crafting goodness.

    Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2012!!!!!!! Your card is beautiful!! I like the colours you use, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Paula, I like the sweet image and the papers.Happy New Year.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Paula! Happy New Year! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Paula, Happy New Year to you and your family, hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Paula. I am sure you will make that 'expensive' die work for its money. lol..
    Best wishes Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous so cute Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this cute, HM image, so I must ink it up now that I see your adorable creation with its Super FUN details too. Thanks for the fab inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete