Thursday 20 October 2011

My poor cat :( - R.I.P. Dodger


Hiya Everyone,

Apologies for not blogging for a few days but I've been dead busy since being back at work.

We had some bad news today as our cat Dodger has been having a re-occuring problem with his bladder so we took him to the vet first thing this morning and they were going to catheterise him (again) to empty his bladder but my hubby got a call about an hour after we dropped him off to say that his bladder had burst while he was under and that it would be best to put him to sleep which they did.

I am so upset. We still have 3 cats but we will always have a Dodger shaped hole in our lives. We named him Dodger as we took him in as a stray as someone knocked on our door a few years ago asking if he was our cat. We took him in as they didn't live in the area and we spent a few weeks trying to find his owners. He wasn't chipped and after notices in the local newspaper didn't work we decided to keep him as he was a little cutie and got along really well with our other 4 cats! He was named Dodger by my hubby as he was a homeless street urchin Lol. Unfortunately, we lost Dylan a while ago in a car accident so 5 became 4 and now 4 become 3.

The piccie above is one we took on my hubbys I-phone when we took him in when we were trying to locate his owners. We had him for about 3 years and he will be sorely missed.

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

21 comments:

  1. Oh Paula, so sorry to hear about your sad loss. My thoughts are with you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe hun, I'm soooo sorry! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about poor Dodger. I have three cats of my own so understand how you are feeling. Hugs
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Paula, so sorry to hear about poor Dodger. Its so awful to lose a pet. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Dodger. Thank you for giving him a good life until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. It is always so hard to lose our pets; I know exactly what you are talking about when you say you have a Dodger shaped hole in your heart -- mine is shaped like Samuel (he was solid black with a extra claw on each paw; he also had a slit on his tongue, the result of scrounging in garbage cans before I took him in -- the vet said that Sam would always speak with a "forked tongue"!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sympathize with you, Paula. Pet, it is like to lose a family member and it also hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Dodger. Thank you for giving him a good home when he needed one. I know he left you with happy memories.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you poor thing, loosing a pet is like loosing a member of the family, thinking of you, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Paula im so sorry to read your sad news you will always have a spot in your heart for him
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Paula, so sorry to hear your sad news, my thoughts are with you.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you gentle hugs sweetie. And a smile too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Paula, sorry to hear about your sad news. Sending lots of crafty hugs.

    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear your sad news.
    Sending you lots of (((hugs))) X X

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear your awful news Paula, I have three cats and know how much a part of the family they are. They all have their own personalities and you love them so much you have my deepest sympathy for what you must all be going through x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, I am so sorry, that is always such a hard thing to go through!

    ReplyDelete
  17. :o( Oh my I am so upset for you Paula - How sad. Don't know what to say but will say a little prayer for Dodger :o(

    Take care

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear about Dodger. It's always hard to say goodbye no matter how many you have left at home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awe hun, I'm soooo sorry! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry for you!! Bless you for giving him such a good home off the streets!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear about Dodger, Paula. Big hug for you and Shane xx

    ReplyDelete